Friday, September 24, 2010

80's Music Video of the Week - New Edition

If I had a Top 10 80's music video list, this would definitely be a part of it. Hell, maybe even Top 5!

It's got love on the court, love on the lake (where's there a lake in NYC?), and drama on the stoop.

I love dated things that make videos awesome, like acid washed jeans. Here, it is jheri curls and Ralph Tresvant's shag (or sometimes referred to as a jheri/black mullet, but I think it's more similar to rat tails that were popular in the 80's).

Here's New Edition's 1984 hit, "Cool It Now."

Check out hard ass 15 year old Bobby Brown keepin' it real with his giant forehead and gold chains.

2 comments:

AUMaverick said...

I want to be like Bobby and have mad b-ball skills in a track suit, gerry curl and chains.

Amanda said...

Love this song man makes me wanna go back in time like back then and makes me wanner dance a lot. Amanda Vanderpool